No Bake Cookies are great for those days when you just HAVE to have something sweet but couldn’t be bothered to switch on the oven. And you probably have all these ingredients on hand: biscuits (use any of your favorite biscuits), powdered sugar, butter, cocoa powder, milk chocolate, and sprinkles. To make it, you simply mix the crushed biscuits with melted butter and the rest of the ingredients. You roll the cookie dough into a log, refrigerate it, and then cut it into slices. And there you have it! Easy no bake cookies without ever having to switch on the oven.
Make cookie crumbs.
Process the cookies in a food processor until it resembles crumbs.
Make the cookie dough.
Mix the cookie crumbs with melted butter, and mix in the rest of the ingredients (except the chocolate and chocolate sprinkles).
Knead the mixture to form a smooth dough. Wrap parchment paper around the chocolate loaf, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Cut into slices, dip in melted chocolate, and cover with chocolate sprinkles.
- Feel free to substitute the chocolate sprinkles with melted white chocolate, crushed nuts, or sweetened coconut flakes.
- Instead of refrigerating the cookie loaf for 3 hours, you can also place it in the freezer for an hour.
- Make sure to use high-quality chocolate (like Ghiradelli).
- You can add other mix-ins to no bake cookies.
- Try chopped nuts, cranberries, or even caramel bits.
- If you add a lot of mix-ins, you might need to add a bit more melted butter so that the mixture isn’t dry.
- Add peanut flavor, by stirring in smooth peanut butter into the cookie dough.
- Want more chocolate? Use chocolate biscuits for the dough.Make sure to use powdered sugar (and not granulated sugar) for the dough. Because this is a no-bake cookie, granulated sugar will make it grainy.
Add the biscuits to the food processor and process to crumbs.
Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine.
Add the melted butter, and stir to combine.
Add the milk, then start to mix it all together with a spatula. Then knead with your hands to obtain a compact mixture.
Form the loaf from the mixture and place it on parchment paper.
Wrap the parchment paper around the cookie loaf. Fold in the ends. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours
Once the loaf has a refrigerated for 3 hours, cut it into slices.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
Dip the top part of each cookie into the melted chocolate.
Transfer to the plate and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.